Show All 35 Items
The quantum wireless remote firework starter is a safe way to ignite fireworks without getting hurt .
Step 1: Quantumfire wireless remote firing system
1st picture ~ This is a picture of the remote control and 1 of the 12 remote starters that come with the set.
2nd & 3rd pic~ These two pictures show the actual igniter wire which ignites the firework.
Step 2: Mortar tubes
I purchased 100 hdpe (High Density Polyethylene) mortar tubes with plugs from pyro boom.com
Step 3: Measuring for the mortar tube box
(1) I stacked 10 tubes tight together and measured 24 1/4 inches long.
(2) I then measured 2 tubes tight together which measured 4 7/8 long. which would give me the width of each bottom board i had to cut.
Step 4: Cutting the boards for the box
(1) I used 1x6x8 foot pressure treated wood for the bottom boards of the box.
(2) I cut 4 boards 24 1/4 inches long.
(3) Then i ripped them 5 inches wide which would hold two rows of 10 tubes each.
Step 5: Marking and pre drilling the holes for each tube.
(1) measure up from the bottom and down from the top of the board 1 1/2 inches. Then scribe a line the whole length of the board on top and bottom.
(2) First measure in from the end 1 1/2 inches on the top and bottom. Then scribe a line for your first two center lines for the mortar tubes.
(3) Next measure every 3 inches and put a mark for the rest of the mortar center locations.
(4) i used a 1/8 inch drill bit to pre drill all the holes.
(5) Repeat this whole process 4 more times to make the 100 mortar rounds .
(6) I used 10/32 flat washers and 1/12 deck screws.
Step 6: Making the box sides
(1) I cut 4 boards 24 1/4 inch long . I used 1 1/2 inch long deck screws two inches apart , and screwed the sides to the bottom .
Step 7: Finished mortar tube box
Pic (1) shows the finished mortar tube box.
(2) Shows the 100 rounds of x-calibur mortars.
(3) 3 thru5 show the proper way in install the mortars in the tubes. Each mortar round has the word ( TOP) printed on the top of the round. * MAKE SURE THEY ALL GO IN THIS WAY SO YOU CAN SEE THE WORD TOP ON EACH ROUND AFTER YOU DROP THEM IN....
Step 8: Wiring the fuses together
(1) I used 6 feet of the red fast fuse to wire all the mortars. Before you start wiring them together always snip the ends of all the mortar rounds at a 45 degree . Doing this leaves some of the gun powder exposed which will help to ensure each mortar round ignites.
(2) When wiring , Make sure you tape all the fuses coming from each mortar in the same direction that the flame is coming from.