In this Instructable I'll show you how to make a bow and arrow.
Its pretty easy to make, all you need is a nice, straight, flexible stick, some guide rope and an arrow. It can go pretty far, it went right over my roof when I shot it. It isn't hard at all to pull back, but it took me awhile to work out how to best shoot the arrow.
I also made an arrow with a bolt on the end which looks like a real arrow.
This is the 3rd one that II have made and it is the best one so far.
Step 1: Find a Nice Stick
1. You need to find a branch which is very straight. It must also be strong and flexible. Donít use a dry branch, it will break. Make sure that the branch is cut from a live tree.
2. Carefully saw the branch off.
3. Try and get a long branch, you can always make it shorter
4. Trim the ends of the branch.
Step 2: Make the Grooves
1. Put the branch into a vice to hold it still
2. I decided to trim the branch to make it about 1metre high
3. Next small saw to cut a groove in the end.
4. Cut 2 more grooves on each side of the branch
5. Do this both ends
Step 3: Adding the Rope
1. I used tent string with is strong and elastic.
2. First put the string through the groove on top of the branch.
3. Then wrap it around the other grooves.
4. Tie a knot to hold it in place
5. Do the same to the other end.
1. I used a piece of dowel for the arrow. I cut it to about 50-60cm.
2. Next I cut some fins out of foam and superglued them to the dowel
3. To give the arrow some weight, I added a small bolt which I hammered on
4. Lastly, I got my dad to cut a groove into the end of the arrow
Step 5: How to Use You Bow and Arrow
1. Always hold the bow in the middle on an angle. It will help when you load the arrow
2. Next, put the arrow groove into the rope. Use your thumb on the hand holding the bow to keep the arrow still.
3. Pull back on the rope and straighten the bow.
4. Keep the bow arm straight, look down the arrow at the target, and let go!
5. The harder you pull back, the further it will go.
I hope you like my Instructable, if you make one, please stick a picture in the comments.